SHEPA – The Genesis
Society for Higher Education and Practical Applications (SHEPA), is the outcome of the foresight, pioneering zeal, and philanthropic spirit of the renowned business group, ‘Rungta Project Ltd.’ which envisioned, created, supported and nurtured it. SHEPA as a pioneering umbrella organization came into existence in 1999 when it got registered under Indian Societies Act of 1861. It is located at Nibia, Bachchaon, on Mohansarai-Deen Dayal Upadhyay (Mughalsarai) bypass road in the southwest of Banaras Hindu University. It is situated about 10 km away from Varanasi Junction Railway Station and about 7 km away from Banaras (Manduadih) Railway Station.
SHEPA Campus is spread over 10 acres of lush green terrain in a beautiful, scenic and serene setting with magnificent avenues. It is housed in multiple modern and majestic buildings of awe-inspiring architectural design with modern equipment and infrastructure required for quality education. The Wi-Fi campus is a real blend of natural beauty and technological advancement encouraging innovativeness among the students, To attain its objectives, it has launched professional programmes in the areas of computer science, management and education in different institutes having affordable fee structure. It is equipped with highly qualified and dedicated faculty having rich academic and practical experiences in the areas of their specialization. Eminent academics and practitioners are frequently invited to share their views, expertise and experiences on contemporary issues. Seminars, conferences and workshops are also organized regularly to provide an opportunity of interaction with the academics of apex institutions.Further, SHEPA provides an innovative platform for undertaking projects and launching cost-effective and job-oriented programmes in the field of higher education. The focus is on the value-based system and skill development through practical applications to facilitate and contribute to the employability of the students and improve the socio-economic conditions of society and the country as well.
SHEPA channelizes all its resources on forging the skills and attitudes and enriching the minds of young scholars with stress on the removal of biases, preconceptions and practitioners with insight and experience. To sharpen the skills and promote innovativeness, strong pedagogical exposure is given to the students which comprise class lectures, presentation, groups discussion, case method, role play, games and panel discussion. An endeavour is also made to achieve the transcendence of the syllabus to expose the students to new concepts and techniques to improve their competencies and sharpen their competitive edge. Thus, SHEPA legitimately takes pride in developing and nurturing young individuals with thorough academic grounding and a ‘hand on’ experience in the area they seek to enter.
The two institutions of SHEPA are recognized under 2 (f) and 12 (B) of the U.G.C. Which is the apex body in the field of higher education?
To establish as a center of excellence for value-based higher education, training and research with emphasis on practical application.
To offer job-oriented, cost-effective professional programmes aiming at the development of skills, innovativeness and commitments with due regard to the value system with a special focus on the rural sector.
- To induct into need-based areas of higher education such as scenic and technology, management and education etc.
- To develop intimate relationships with industry and make them co-partners in the process of development of human resources upon which depends the pace of socio-economic-development of the industry.
- To conduct research and undertake projects and consultancy assignments.
To hold seminars, conferences, workshops and management development programmes more frequently.
- To launch new programmes in the field of management such as International Business Administration, Retailing and service management.
- To strengthen the relationship with the industry to make higher education more interactive and thus enhance the employability of the students.
- To promote research in the areas of management, computer science, education and allied emerging sectors.
- To undertake projects and consultancy assignments in the areas of education, management and computer science.